Do you have frontal layering that you never cut or breakage that seems like it will never stop?
In most cases, the short hairs in the front are short from breakage. Yes, breakage. Nobody likes to hear that. The front of the hair takes the brunt of the damage and stress. Possible stressors on the hair can be tight ponytails, sun UV exposure, heat exposure without protective product, chemical damage from in-salon visits.
Here are some solutions.
- Use a scrunchy instead of an elastic. Like this one Scunci Effortless Beauty Thermal Twisters
- Do loose ponytails instead of tight.
- Make sure that you are using heat protection and/or UV protection products like this.
- L’oreal Mythic Oil for Unisex, 4.2 Ounce
- Avoid blow drying, flat ironing and heat curling when possible by going au natural at home when you aren’t going out.
- When curling hair, start at the roots, not the ends.
- See that your stylist is not overlapping the lightener onto the already blonde hair. In other words, make sure that he/she is putting it only on the root regrowth to avoid overprocessing.
- Find a salon that does Fiberceudic Treatments, the new Botox for hair from L’Oreal Professionnel!
- Get protective bond-in extensions from an experienced stylist that can act as a protective covering. Like these.
See this post.
- Use L’Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert Absolut Repair cellular with Lactic Acid, 16.9 Ounce Jar
- Always make sure that your hair is moved away before putting on and taking off shoulder strap purses and backbacks.
I hope this helps!
What do you think that your breakage is from?